Job no: 493152
Work type: Full time
We have a great new opportunity for a Formats Analyst and Project Manager to lead all aspects of Halfords store investment programme; including store selection, development timelines, key project sign-offs, performance reporting and post-implementation reviews.
This new role has been created to ensure that we develop greater focus on our store investments. This includes working in an environment of data-driven decision making and an ability to understand the key drivers of store performance.
Working closely with Finance, Property, Store Development and Retail, this role requires cross-functional working to manage and deliver the store investment programme, drive continual process improvements and develop a forward-looking approach to investments.
Additionally, the role requires an ability to influence senior managers and achieve consensus on the investment programme, especially with Retail’s Divisional Directors.
• Work closely with stakeholders to develop the investment strategy.
• Using various data sources, formulate lists of candidate investment stores.
• Engage and influencing the Retail Leadership Team to ensure that we choose, deliver and report on the right stores.
• Build a master programme that is distributed and used across the business.
• Communicate important information, investment milestones and deadlines to all stakeholders and hold them to account to deliver actions within the programme timescales.
• Monitor the performance of investment stores, understand drivers of performance and recommend improvements that can be applied to future stores to ensure optimal return on investment.
• Lead corrective actions when stores don’t perform as expected and ensure all stakeholders understand and deliver their remedial actions.
• Responsible for providing updates and presentations for the Board on our investment programme and store performance.
• Ownership for the development of ‘Single View of Store’, a new database that will house all of the key information needed to make decisions about maintenance and investment in our stores.
• Programme manage the various work streams that form part of the Milestone development project.
• Possess a formal project management qualification and a track-record of delivering projects on-time, within budget and to a high standard.
• Experience of programme management, demonstrating an ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Self-motivated and able to work without direct supervision and take responsibility for delivering key targets.
• Strong communicator – able to work cross-functionally, engage and influence peers.
• Presentation skills – ability to communicate ideas and plans through various mediums.
• Ability to influence senior stakeholders.
• Ability to gather, interpret and manipulate data.
• Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills.
Halfords are the UK's leading retailer of leisure and automotive products and the UK's leading operator in garage serving and auto repair. Our retail business boasts over 460 stores, on-line shopping, a delivery service and in-store collection. Just to top this off we are now one of the Sunday Times 30 best big companies to work for!
Apply now Back to search results