MI Data Analyst
Job no: 493167
Work type: Full time
Categories: Central Facilities
We are seeking a Data Analyst to join the People Development team to support with our Apprenticeship Programme. The role reports into the Head of Apprenticeships and involves the development, maintenance and running of planning and wider reporting tools across People Development including Excel, Maytas (our Apprenticeship system), DayforceHCM (our personnel system) and the Hub (our learning management system). This role will be seen by the rest of the People Development Team as an Excel and reporting “guru” so the individual must have very strong Excel skills as well as a keen interest in systems, processes, reporting and analytics.
The role would suit an individual with keen passion for systems with advanced Microsoft Excel and good VBA skills, looking for a commercially focused role in a high-performing team where you can have a real impact on the business.
- Assist with translation of moderate to complex data and insight requirements into reporting and analysis deliverables
- Support in the defining of requirements and technical design for our core systems.
- Collaborate with end users to identify needs, goals, and desired output.
- Develop reports, dashboards, and other business analytics deliverables using Excel and other tools to meet business needs.
- Data discovery, data mining, data cleansing and deriving insights from analysis of data.
- Participate in maintaining and improving report development practices, standards, procedures and controls.
- Understand and maintain a listing of our reporting suite and other Excel-based tools, used both within and outside of the Apprenticeship Team as well as user guides for running and analysing reports.
- Proactively develop new reporting solutions as necessary to meet the needs of a fast-moving Retail business.
- Continually look for ways to improve the way we do things in the Apprenticeship and broader People Development Team.
- Act as a member of the Apprenticeships Leadership Team, engaging actively in discussions around the future of our Apprenticeship Programme
- Advanced Microsoft Excel proficiency
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and meet deadlines
- A very keen interest in, as well as a natural ability to quickly grasp, IT systems and processes.
- A passion to learn with an inquisitive nature.
- A continuous improvement mind-set. Constantly looking for ways to better things.
- Ability to work accurately at pace.
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of information from numerous sources.
- Ability to build collaborative and productive relationships across the organization.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience within a Data Analyst role where you will have experience in reporting, co-ordinating business analytics, and data analysis.
- Experience working within a Retail environment
- Experience in working within a big organisation with a variety of stakeholders
- Experience working with self-service analytics and reporting tools
- Experience of working in a regulated environment
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now