Retail Property Acquisition Manager
Job no: 493284
Work type: Full time
We are looking for an individual who has experience in acquisition of retail property (ideally Out of Town), is a member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors and also knowledge and experience of lease renewals and regear.
The active management of Halfords group property portfolio through the implementation of the property portfolio strategy.
To minimise the cost of property and at the same time maximise the effectiveness and the quality of sites occupied for trading purposes.
- To assist in the development and implementation of Halfords property portfolio strategy.
- To work with, and influence, senior internal stakeholders to ensure that the property portfolio is appropriate for our plans for the future.
- To implement the strategy by dealing with the existing estate including a number of lease renewals, relocations, rightsizes, regears and acquisitions.
- Acquiring new stores from locating and identifying new property, agreeing terms, obtaining capex approval and overall management of the programme through to opening.
- Working with landlords and agents to ensure the provision of the correct location, type and size of property to optimise sales and minimise cost.
- To support and manage a team of external consultants, solicitors, planners, project managers etc. to assist with the above.
- Securing business approval by presenting project proposals to the property board.
- RICS qualified.
- Extensive knowledge of the retail warehouse property market.
- Experience in working for a large retail organisation.
- Extensive experience in a commercial environment.
- Experience of property acquisition and portfolio management required.
- Excellent communicator – able to communicate thoughtfully and concisely (written and verbally).
- Tenacious and driven individual who is pragmatic and a good problem solver.
- Good relationship builder with strong EQ who has the ability to gain rapport quickly.
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment and commercial thinking.
- Commercially astute.
- Ability to influence senior stakeholders and effectively manage third parties.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise work in a demanding environment.
Apply now Back to search results