Assistant Quality Engineer
Job no: 493715
Work type: Full time
An inspirational Assistant Quality Engineer is required to ensure that Halfords products are safe, legal and fit for purpose at all times.
As an Assistant Quality Engineer you will provide proactive and timely technical and quality assurance contribution to the development of products, packaging, product information and manufacturing processes relevant to Halfords merchandise. The role also involves providing Product Technologist support across the product range.
For the right person, this role offers a structured training and development programme, and progression to Quality Engineer.
To be considered for this role you’ll need to demonstrate the following skills, experience and attributes;
- Qualified in Engineering, Product Design, Applied Science or Manufacturing disciplines.
- Experience in a Retail Quality/Technical buying support role of General Merchandise or Consumer Products would be desirable
- Experience in Electronics or Electrical Engineering desirable
- Experience of manufacturing technologies, product design or sourcing with extended supply chain, digital business and the application of quality management systems would be beneficial.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good organisational skills and ability to work under pressure
Day to day key responsibilities include:
- Evaluation of products in order to verify compliance with company standards and all relevant legislations.
- To propose quality improvements, concerns management activities and product development programmes.
- Completing product specifications and assessing suppliers to ensure they can consistently manufacture products to the correct specification.
- Monitor, manage and review feedback, including customer service complaints, returns analysis, store concerns and web reviews.
- Incorporate any recommended changes into the products, packaging and reduce erosions.
- On-going development of appropriate structural packaging requirements including design alterations, looking at additional features working with suppliers, Halfords Asia and the Brand Team.
Apply now Back to search results