Senior Digital Business Analyst
Job no: 493889
Work type: Full time
To collaborate across the Halfords Group to collate business requirements for digital platforms and support the definition and mobilisation of the digital strategy
- Provide support with defining, documenting, communicating the digital strategy and project mobilisation, this will include supporting the preparation of business cases, performing feasibility studies and tendering
- Lead design sessions for new solutions for the purpose of enhancing business processes, capturing and documenting functional, non-functional and operational requirements using best practice
- Assess risk, impact and dependencies on the delivery of developments and communicate accordingly
- Strategic alignment and supporting preparation of management material
- Stakeholder and line management - work with stakeholders to establish how best to implement strategy using the existing systems– or identifying required change
- Engaging with key business stakeholders in line with an agreed structure and stakeholder management strategy to manage expectations of delivery, estimations of timescales, competing priorities and technical issues
- Collaboration with senior stakeholders, product owners, third parties and ‘end users’ managing expectations appropriate to audience
- Line management or supervision of other business analysts
- Continuous improvement
- Liaise with Architects and Technical colleagues to continually evolve solution design which comprehensively meets the scope of requirements while ensuring recognition of constraints.
- Actively seek product information to develop knowledge and understanding of digital technology and capabilities
- Ensuring that engaged areas of the business are aware of the structure and processes of how to work with IT and the Digital teams
- Provides a conduit for business information to flow into the IT team
- Supporting the definition, documentation and continuous improvement of Halfords standard Business Analysis methodology (including traditional waterfall, agile and hybrid methodologies).
- Expected to apply a standard methodology (decided on each project) to undertaking structured Analysis engagements.
- Agree objectives with their stakeholders and plan their engagements accordingly.
- Expected to have the ability and experience to employ various tools and techniques to complete engagements; including, but not exclusively, focus interviews, surveys, statistical analysis, work study, process analysis and re-design, wife frame creation, systems analysis, data flow analysis.
- Undertake courses and learning in order to develop their skills and capabilities.
- Produce Halfords standard reports to fully document findings and recommendations and will be responsible for ensuring documented sign off of requirements by appropriate stakeholders.
- Produce and to assist their stakeholders in the production of any required documentation; including, but not exclusively, Business
- Requirements Catalogues and Documents, Feasibility Studies, Project Briefs, RFP/RFI (tendering process), Investment Committee documentation, business cases, lessons learned reviews and Management Reports
- Assist in the planning and delivery of test plans for business processes that flow through core third-party applications
- Translation of business requirements into a set of blueprints from which third-party applications can be configured and parameterised to perform specific sets of functionality
- Assist in the conversion of blueprints into technical solution design and functional specification documents
- To assist in the engagement with third-parties and internal architecture and technical teams to develop and agree roadmap and transformation programmes for third-party apps that deliver both business and IT strategies
- Make proactive recommendations for improvements to appropriate business and IT decision-makers
- To participate in the handover of new and enhanced business processes to end users and where applicable, IT support teams
- To help define periodic and ad hoc configuration and housekeeping tasks in applications maintained by suppliers e.g. archiving in SAP
- Ability to engage with management level stakeholders and work collaboratively
- Good business systems analysis skills and developing knowledge of analysis tools and techniques
- Knowledge and experience of Agile and traditional software analysis and development methodologies
- Capable of developing an understanding of the business and its drivers
- Developing IT knowledge & technical awareness
- Software delivery experience within the Web and Mobile arenas
- Understanding of integrated multi-channel retail
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills which consider the intended audience and employ different methods accordingly
- Developing ability to illustrate complex concepts in an easy to understand way
- Developing consultancy skill set
- Awareness of IT frameworks including PRINCE 2 and ITIL v3
- Awareness of operational risk management
- Developing financial acumen and commercial awareness with the ability to understand financial and accounting implications of decisions
- Problem solving and trouble shooting skills
- Decision making – the ability to make decisions individually and as part of a team
- Developing negotiating and influencing skills
- Understanding of the business and its drivers
- Analytical and creative approach to problem solving
- Collaboration with disparate self-organizing and cross-functional teams to push quality and value to product users
Apply now Back to search results