Retail Apprenticeship Coach - Reading
Job no: 494361
Work type: Full time
Retail Apprenticeship Coach, competitive salary, plus fleet car.
You will need to have a coaching mentality and thrive on the development of individuals throughout their career. You will have a great understanding of what it takes to be a retailer and ensure that all customers receive excellent customer service. You will have clear examples of when you have coached and supported the development of individuals either on a one to one basis or as a group trainer.
Halfords are the UKs leading retailer of leisure and automotive products and the UKs leading operator in garage serving and auto repair. Our retail business boasts over 460 stores, on-line shopping, a delivery service and in-store collection. Just to top this off we are one of the Sunday Times 30 best big companies to work for!
Our Apprenticeship scheme is an established and essential route into a career at Halfords whether it’s in the Distribution Centre, our shops or some parts of our Support Centre. We launched our provision in 2015 and are now one of the UK’s largest providers of retail standard apprenticeships. This role ensures that we support our learners through their Apprenticeship Programme and help them to achieve their relevant qualifications.
• Responsible for signing up all new learners up on their apprenticeship programme when they start with Halfords. This includes completion of all relevant paperwork and delivering the first day in learning module for the Retailer L2 Standard and functional skills.
• Complete all initial assessments including functional skills, skill scans and learning styles and ensure that these are used throughout the learner’s programme to tailor their learning on an individual basis which supports their needs.
• Complete an introduction with each learner when they start the programme clearly outlining the requirements and helping them to create an individual learning plan.
• Deliver full training and support learners who require functional skills in Maths and English (if applicable) within 4 months of programme start.
• Support learners throughout their programme via one to one coaching sessions, remote coaching sessions, regular on programme reviews and guidance towards their End Point Assessment including conducting mock assessments on a regular basis.
• Organise and maintain progression data on learner’s progress including toolkit, Gears face to face and E-Learning training, coaching sessions and any other on programme learning
• Work remotely and manage your diary effectively and efficiently to ensure timely visits take place, assessments and reviews are conducted and that learners complete on time with a minimum of 12 per week
• Regular communication with your Team Manager regarding the progression of your learners and ensure all relevant parties such as the learner and their management are aware of the visits and on programme progression.
• Update all relevant systems daily with learner progress using e-track and the HUB and ensure all weekly reports are sent to relevant parties on time
• Ensure the learner journey and any relevant information or changes are logged and display a clear audit trail and inform any relevant parties
• Support, motivate and advise learners on programme providing support and stretch as required
• Overcome barriers to learning and adapt delivery to meet individual learner’s needs
• Support and coach all learners to end point assessment
• Work to monthly KPI's and targets
• Ensure you keep your personal CPD up to date monthly
• Ensure the learner and manager are updated at the end of the visit with progress and actions
• Take any relevant feedback into account from your IQA, OFSTED or any other relevant party and ensuring it is incorporated going forward and actioned accordingly within the relevant timescales
• Passion for teaching and learning with a teaching qualification desirable
• Proven track record in the coaching and development of learners on a one to one or group basis
• Knowledge of apprenticeships and Government funded programmes desirable
• Flexible and adaptable in your approach to learning
• Self-motivated and proactive
• Confident and professional with the ability to work in a fast paced, retail environment
• Target driven
• Be able to inspire, influence and motivate people with their short and long term career aspirations
• Strong organisational and time management skills using your time productively and efficiently
• Effective communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
• Be able to work remotely and as part of a team
• Must be flexible to travel daily with some overnight stays required as well as evenings and weekend working as required by your caseload of learners
• Flexible and willing to work away from home for extended periods with a can do approach to short term commercial needs
• Listen to customers both internal and external for the benefit and improvement of the apprenticeship programme
• Coaching and leadership skills essential with the ability to influence at a higher level
• Strong networking skills
• Computer literate (Microsoft office), E-portfolio knowledge desirable
• Full clean driving licence
• Minimum of A-C Maths and English GCSE or equivalent and must hold or pass Level 2 functional skills in both subjects within 3 months of start date
Apply now Back to search results