Buyer – 3Bs, Parts & Service
Job no: 494523
Work type: Full time
We have 2 great opportunities to join our Buying Team!
The successful candidate will be highly driven and tenacious with experience in retail buying. You will own the entire product management process of a specialist, market leading retailer – from the drawing board to our customers’ homes, via sourcing, sign off and promotions. As the Buyer you will be responsible for developing the buying strategy for your growing product areas, with focus on enhancing the customers’ journey across all channels. You’ll make sure we have the right products at the right time, using your influencing and negotiating skills to build relationships across our business.
• Understand Halfords customer base and use this knowledge to develop customer-centric product ranges that will deliver company sales & margin targets for each financial year
• Analyse the market and deliver a range of products that fulfil customers’ needs and exceed their expectations
• Negotiate and secure promotional opportunities with suppliers in line with sales and profitability requirements
• Work closely with the merchandising team to ensure prompt delivery of merchandise and correct phasing of intake to meet sales
• Work with key internal stakeholders to plan, communicate and manage product range changeover
• Negotiate trading terms & manage high profile suppliers
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with the Far East sourcing team, Far East suppliers and UK based suppliers.
• Identify and develop new supplier opportunities in order to improve Halfords market position and further improve category profitability
To be successful within this role you will need to be able to demonstrate the following experience, skills and attributes;
• A highly driven, experienced and confident negotiator with the ability to manage important relationships with some of Halfords largest suppliers
• Proven experience within previous Buying positions, preferably within Retail
• A highly motivated individual with a passion for retail who will thrive in a fast paced environment
• Customer focussed
• A proven team player and team focussed manager
• Demonstrate the ability to work cross functionally within a business
• Be able to communicate confidently & concisely to all levels within the business
• Excellent commercial skills, resilience and the ability to plan and work under pressure will be key to success in the role
Apply now Back to search results