Senior Scrum Master / Agile Coach
Job no: 497179
Work type: Full time
Site: Tower Hamlets
Location: North London, London
As the Senior Scrum Master you will contribute to the business improving their agile practice by actively promoting collaboration behaviours, and agile values while leading continuous improvement and applying previous experience and knowledge of best practices in agile delivery
Halfords Group is looking to build skills for the future of our online offerings at Halfords.com, Boardmanbikes.com and CycleRepublic.com. We are building a new development team to take on the challenge of developing in the fast moving retail space.
As part of agile project teams, you will work closely with the business to help deliver web enhancements and omni-channel projects using agile techniques
The role involves managing the small continuous delivery process and capabilities
- Own the agile delivery processes and practice, coaching digital delivery teams to work more effectively in the delivery of digital products; and when needed coach the rest of the organisation to create a culture of collaboration and continuous improvement
- You will combine leading the agile teams (through leadership rather than line management), with helping to improve the delivery processes, driving continuous improvements and working practices that foster an Agile and Devops way of working.
- You will be a natural and passionate motivator who helps people to get the best out of themselves. Trust is an important basis. You are strongly focussed on interaction, you connect people.
- Working with the Product and Engineering Teams to support the Head of Digital Delivery in setting best practice standards, processes and culture to create an effective, efficient, fun and creative delivery group.
- Facilitating the continuous delivery of digital products and services.
- Sharing expert knowledge of Agile concepts and leading team in Scrum and Kanban and hybrid environments
- Embedding an agile way of working for the cross-functional development team and coach them to achieve the team’s collective goals.
- Building and maintaining motivated teams, making sure there is an iterative plan to work towards.
- Previous experience of Agile delivery and coming up with Agile Strategy
- Previous Experience working in the Retail
- Ability to engage with current and new partners
- Commercial acumen linking team metrics to business goals and financial investment
- Ability to coach senior stake holders
- Able to create and run training sessions
- Previous experience heading up Agile teams (Line Management Preferred)
- Proactively remove blockers for the development team and ensure there is a clear pipeline of work to be delivered next.
- Monitor, share and evaluate delivery and measure progress to ensure value is delivered early and often.
- Experience of applying the most appropriate style of leadership.
- If you have a certification as a Product Owner, or Scrum Master then that is beneficial
What we’re looking for
- Ability to engage with management level stakeholders and work collaboratively
- Knowledge and experience of Agile development methodologies
- Capable of developing an understanding of the business and its drivers
- Developing IT knowledge & technical awareness
- Software delivery experience within the Web and Mobile arenas
- Understanding of integrated multi-channel retail
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills which consider the intended audience and employ different methods accordingly
- Developing ability to illustrate complex concepts in an easy to understand way
- Developing consultancy skill set
- Awareness of operational risk management
- Developing financial acumen and commercial awareness with the ability to understand financial and accounting implications of decisions
- Problem solving and trouble shooting skills
- Decision making – the ability to make decisions individually and as part of a team
- Collaboration with disparate self-organizing and cross-functional teams to push quality and value to product users
Apply now Back to search results