GNFR Procurement Manager
Job no: 500249
Work type: Full time
As a Procurement Manager (GNFR) here at Halfords the main purpose of the role is to ensure Goods and Services Not For Resale are acquired at best value for the Halfords Group with a focus on:
- Lowest total cost of ownership
- Risk reduction
- Maximising leverage
- Process efficiency
You will be part of a small highly commercial team that manages the sourcing of c £150- £200M of external spend across a variety of categories (largely Logistics, Retail Operations, IT, and Marketing).
The team has established itself as valued partners to the business, and is currently undergoing the next step of its maturity development into a more Strategic Sourcing and Category Management function.
Contributing to the profitability of the organisation through the control of costs/resources.
- Develop robust and innovative procurement strategies for the categories assigned.
- Carry out negotiations across the Group leveraging synergies.
- Manage the transition of suppliers to internal stakeholders and set up for continuous improvement.
- Agree, deliver and report on individual and team savings targets.
Help implement appropriate policies, processes and procedures to help protect and advance the business.
- Encourage and nurture entrepreneurial and innovative approaches to purchasing.
- Ensuring adherence to agreed legislative, company, customer and departmental standards.
- Monitor and drive compliance with negotiated deals.
- Manage sourcing of suppliers in a fair and consistent manner.
- Behave ethically on all transactions with suppliers and internal customers.
- Manage change by effective procurement leadership.
Delivering quality customer service by understanding the stakeholder needs, processes and priorities
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with budget holders and other departments across the Halfords functions.
- Become a trusted business partner to stakeholders, commercial experts essential in delivering their objectives.
- Support internal stakeholders with key supplier performance reviews to help build business capability.
Essential Procurement experience:
- In depth understanding of the process of purchasing goods and services in a professional sourcing environment.
- Experience leading major sourcing activities (£multi-million) / managing large indirect spends.
- Track record of delivering significant savings and innovative sourcing solutions.
- Strong knowledge of contractual terms, conditions and framework agreements.
- Understanding of supplier management/performance management.
- Knowledge and experience sourcing in IT, Marketing, Retail and Logistics spends.
- Self-starter, with the ability to deliver effectively in an extremely fast moving and responsive environment.
- Excellent stakeholder management and interpersonal skills
- A commercial mind, supported by strong negotiation and influencing skills
- High degree of curiosity
- Courage and conviction
- Team player
Apply now Back to search results