Job no: 501147
Work type: Full time
We have a fantastic opportunity for experienced Assistant Buyers to join our trading team.
As an Assistant Buyer you will help us to deliver our exciting and ambitious growth plans for one of the most exciting product areas!
You will be involved with the whole buying and development process from concept and design to range selection and management of the product from idea to finished item. You will bring the ranges to life in shops and support our marketing colleagues designing and marketing your ranges.
- Managing a range of products and accessories across own brand ranges & also with some of the key international brands.
- Engaging with our customers both in store and online through packaging, point of sale, copy, communications and launch documents
- Identifying gaps and opportunities and proposing range enhancements and new ideas
- Using competitor and customer research to identify ranging opportunities
- Monitor sales and margin performance of the category and drive key KPIs of sales, margin, margin %, rebates and contributions
- Capturing data and set up products accurately and on time
- Own key supplier negotiations & supplier management with support from the Buyer
- Building strong working relationships with design, brand, supply, quality, digital and marketing teams internally and suppliers and Boardman outside of the core business.
- Proactively drive self-development with Line manager using the performance development system
To be successful you will need to be able to demonstrate the following experience, skills and attributes;
- Solid Assistant Buyer experience working alongside a buyer and buying team to deliver category success
- An understanding of what drives customer purchasing decisions
- Being able to use this understanding to identify how we can grow our business through building customer appeal
- Have the drive and determination to create own brand product that is desirable, credible and great quality at a competitive cost
- Be analytical and numerically minded
- Possess the ability to thrive in a fast paced pressurised environment
- Possess strong commercial awareness – be aware of competitor activity and customer requirements
- A collaborative ‘can do’ approach – be a keen team player
- Strong communication and influencing skills – ability to build and maintain relationships internally and externally to the business
- Experience of cross functional working
Apply now Back to search results