Deputy Manager - Designate
Job no: 531843
Work type: Full time
Categories: Retail Management
Our Deputy Managers are brilliant retail leaders, accountable for the day to day running of our stores in the absence of the Store Manager.
With experience in a junior management role already under your belt, this is an opportunity to take your career to the next level. You will be responsible for the customer experience, for maximising profit and minimising loss, and will ensure your store colleagues are clear on their sales targets and delivering Customer First behaviours at all times.
Colleagues and customers are at the heart of this role. You’ll encourage, praise and celebrate success with your team, and create an environment where both colleagues and customers feel valued, building trust and loyalty. A keen operator, you’ll also have a strong sense of what our competitors are doing and will have a passion to win through consistent excellence in delivery. You will be a visible and central presence on our sales floor, leading by example.
Day to day you will ensure effective planning in store deployment, operational and commercial changes, and stock protocols. You’ll support the recruitment, development and management of our store colleagues, and will drive great engagement with your team. Creating a culture of customer excellence, you’ll ensure that effective targets are set and delivered, with customer satisfaction a priority. Operational compliance will ensure that standards are met and our customers and teams are protected.
You’ll need the following skills and experience for success in this role:
- Experience in a junior management role, ideally in a retail sales environment
- Experience of managing colleagues and one to one coaching
- Experience of meeting compliance standards across health and safety and retail operational standards
- Experience of labour force scheduling, and associated time management skills
- Experience of delivering coaching/training in the moment to ensure that customers have a great experience
- A track record of success in delivering against sales targets, including attachment sales
- Evidence of delivering against customer metrics
- Evidence of commercial acumen and an appreciation of current operating environment
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and in writing
- IT proficient, with experience of working with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and the aptitude to learn in-house system
You’ll enjoy an excellent base salary, pension and benefits package including performance related bonus, 25% colleague discount, trade price bike scheme and access to a wide range of discounts on everyday goods, financial products and services, as well as the option to join our ShareSave and Cycle2Work schemes.
So, if you share our passion for cycling and motoring, are great with customers and an inspiring leader, join us, the UK’s leading retailer of automotive and cycling products, and be part of our success story in getting the nation safely back on the move.
Apply now Back to search results